Medicine Health/Senior Software Technician/Information Techology Maintenance/Healthcare System
Miami FL 33142
A professional information and technology specialist with experience in all aspects of information technology maintenance and health care system – whose conscientious and professional demeanor helps improve system technology and customer service/patient care.
2007-2012 University of Miami
Miller School of Medicine Health Information Systems
Senior Software Tech
- Installed/maintained all computer equipment programs in computers for the department.
- System Administrator: gave rights to use certain applications and programs.
- Helped with some of the physician issues concerning cane care.
- Imaged and reimaged computers using Norton Ghosts 11 if needed.
- Installed upgrades/cleaned and removed spyware from computers.
- Maintained inventory of computers and scanners.
- Maintained all information that came from privacy (I.E. HIPPA) also resolved all problems pertaining to privacy documents listed wrong in the chart.
- Handled the lab reports that involved Mysis labs a Demamplothogy and Pathology as well as all inpatient labs that were put into Captiva system to go into the right patient chart.
- Attended weekly Change Control meetings for upcoming changes to software and programs.
- Knowledge of HIPPA procedures.
- Technologies utilized: Win XP, Win 7 Server 2003 intermediate (client)
- Knowledge of Captiva client software, Application Extender software, U Chart client search software.
- Remote desktop software used daily: RDP, Team-viewer 6.5 or higher, Dame Ware remote client.
- Used Cane Care patient search to find current patient information.
- Familiar with Q/dealing with documents and patient files.
- Used VPN network client to connect to University Network.
2006- 2007 Miami Dade County
PeopleSoft Project (UPK User Productivity Kit)
(Q/A- Help Desk/Desktop Support)
- Edited PeopleSoft material in a virtual test environment, comparing test results to information gathered in the live environment.
- Took snapshots and developed into pages for the site using UPK Developer.
- Ran test on different sections of the web project to ensure the different components were working correctly.
- Gave a written explanation of project notes including any problems found.
- Technologies utilized: Win XP, Excel, etc.
- Participated in weekly Change Control meetings to discuss project updates.
Further Work Experience:
2005- 2006 Fienberg-Fisher Elementary Miami Beach, FL
2003- 2005 Sports Authority Doral, FL
Loss Prevention Manager
2011-Present Miami Dade College Miami, FL
Counseling / Religious Studies
2013-Present the Academy Miami, Florida
Administering Microsoft Windows Server 2012
· MTA- Microsoft Technology Associate
· MCSA- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
· MCSE - Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
· CCNA- Cisco Certified Network Associate
· A+ in progress
Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Internet Savvy (i.e. Internet Explorer, search engines, etc.)
Windows 2000 & XP Operating Systems office equipment (i.e. Fax, Copier, Printers, etc.), Team viewer, Dame Ware remote connection software.